Monday, July 8, 2013

P52: Week 27 around the sun

Hello dog days of summer. Seriously. Heat wave + Boston = hot, hot hot!

This week was half long feeling and half nice and slow feeling. Got to love summer, especially not knowing what day of the week it was half the time! This week featured a perfect mix of relaxing, summer adventures with friends, holiday celebrations, more relaxing, and a fair amount of trying to not melt (we're on day 5/6 of high 90s).

Another gym contest started and I am pushing myself. The TRX dismount is a bit insane/extreme (see here) and after a ton of insane work I might have made my calluses a bit scary looking! Hardcore all the way. I balance the gym insanity with a relaxing massage and facial, ahhh.

To beat the heat my friend and I saw "Despicable Me 2" and it was ADORABLE! Run, do not walk, to go see it! I want a minion, badly. I also spent some time at a friend's pool. Nothing beats a soak in the water and relaxing reading a book (already on book 5 of the summer).

The 4th was fun. My group of friends hit up the Pops' rehearsal concert on the 3rd and on the 4th I went to my co-teacher's mom's apartment around the corner from my apartment. She's 14 stories up and the view for the fireworks was amazing, and the company was fun too!

Highlight of the week: Having lots of fun adventures and outings with friends. Soaked up the summer fun as much as I could!

Favorite Teaching Moment: getting to see my partner in teaching crime for the first time in almost 2.5 weeks. We'd missed each other!

Random-osity: I have made it my summer vacation mission to unsubscribe from stupid junk e-mails rather than deleting them instantly upon arrival. Honestly, 25 Restoration Hardware emails a day. 25!!
Also! I'm working on growing the blog's facebook page - won't you please join me over there as well? I post a sampling of the random things around me and would love to connect there (here) too!

Also, I feel super lame, I never (yes, never) used Google Reader, but know many of you did. So sorry for your loss! I am on bloglovin' here!

 The Details
* Post 1 photo or as many as you like each week on Mondays.
* The button or text link should be present in your post- but not absolutely necessary.
* Please visit some other blogs & leave some love & encouragement.
* Submit the URL of your blog post - not your home page.

Can’t wait to see all your photos each week as we venture through 2013!
Project 52
Kleinworth & Co.,Project 52, photo sharing, weekly Monday blog link up

12 thoughts on the matter:

Nancy said... {Reply}

90s here too this week -- plus humidity. Ugh!

renae said... {Reply}

Sure glad you are having tremendous times with your friends. That is what summer is for anywho, ain't it?

Pride In Photos Beauty said... {Reply}

I am so glad to hear your weekend was marvelous!! We went and saw the Lone Ranger this weekend, very good but LONG! Cute pics as always.

Serendipityissweet said... {Reply}

Oh fun, fun, fun! Sounds like such a great week. I love the Pops! I know my kids will love that movie too. Glad to hear it was so good.

Have a super week :)

two birds said... {Reply}

yes, unsubscribing is way better than deleting. i get like 5 kohls emails every day, too!

tinajo said... {Reply}

Goodness - soon you can join the American gladiators..! ;-)

Seriously; glad you´re working out as much, we only have one body and ought to take care of it. :-)

http://tinajoathome.com/

Kim said... {Reply}

I'm going to have to live vicariously through you! Your week sounds amazing, and well, like summer!

I'm also having to do a bunch of unsubscribing to company emails. It's getting a little crazy with some companies!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

I have been watching the weather for you- looks like the heat that nailed us last week has made it's way to you. Hope you can sit with a cool treat & not get too overheated.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

you are so lucky you get the summer off! you are doing awesome at the gym and it sounds like otherwise having a great time!
I love your goal of unsubscribing to those annoying emails. I have got to try that too. I have one company that I've tried a bunch of times since it's only in NJ and I'm not there, but their unsub link is broken! so annoying!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

I LOVED Despicable Me 2 as well. I think I was laughing harder than the kids!

Unknown said... {Reply}

We loved Despicable Me 2 too! My son got a minion hat for his birthday and he has literally been wearing it everywhere--despite the temperatures!

packmom said... {Reply}

My boys want to see that movie and all others out there right now ;0) Too many to see and so little time. Looks like you had a great week. We are just now cooling down to the 90's after almost 2 weeks above 100 and it feels so nice!