Monday, July 1, 2013

P52: Week 26 around the sun

Well, the first week of summer break is in the books! I finally feel like I am coming out of the adrenaline drain that hits me every year. Every year, it always hits me how tired I am after the year is done. That coupled with the emotions of being done always leave me a bit, meh, for a few days. But! Some relaxing at home with mom and just relaxing in general have helped shake that!

The big reason I went home, was so we could drive "back home" (to South Jersey) for my grandparents' unveiling. It's been nearly 4 and 5 years since my Bubbe and Zaya z"l passed away and we finally made the official trip back to see the head stone. It turned out beautiful and as my uncle said, "it's nice to see them together, forever."

We also drove around the small town, Woodbine, where mom and Uncle Lou grew up and they were going down memory lane. I took advantage of being down south to get coffee at Wawa and then we lucked out and managed to get back into NY without too much trouble. We all vegged out in the car and watched movies on various devices (how did we car trip without them?).

The rest of the week was a mix of pool time, sleeping past 5, already working on some curriculum for next year (yes, I know...), and fun dinners with friends. I am already making the most of summer!

Highlight of the week: Not seeing 5 o'clock, at all this week! I saw 5:30 one day but then fell asleep for another 2 hours! Ahh, summer time...

Favorite teaching moment: Well...umm....oh! Seeing one student already filling in the summer reading form I created for them. There we go! (-:

Random-osity: Choosing glasses when you are practically blind (-10 in one eye!) is SO nerve wracking. Thanks to everyone who voted in my instagram poll. I did pick one of those 3, but you'll have to wait to find out which one!

Also! I'm working on growing the blog's facebook page - won't you please join me over there as well? I post a sampling of the random things around me and would love to connect there (here) too!

Also, I feel super lame, I never (yes, never) used Google Reader, but know many of you did. So sorry for your loss! I am on feedly (no idea how to link to there?) and I'll work on a bloglovin today!

 The Details
* Post 1 photo or as many as you like each week on Mondays.
* The button or text link should be present in your post- but not absolutely necessary.
* Please visit some other blogs & leave some love & encouragement.
* Submit the URL of your blog post - not your home page.

Can’t wait to see all your photos each week as we venture through 2013!
Project 52
Kleinworth & Co.,Project 52, photo sharing, weekly Monday blog link up

5 thoughts on the matter:

Anonymous said... {Reply}

It's always good to read your posts and catch up. Glad you can sleep in! Great feeling!

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

A great start to summer! It does take awhile to slip I to relaxation. The headstones do look beautiful!

Pride In Photos Beauty said... {Reply}

Tamar, it is a beautiful stone...definitely worth the trip.

renae said... {Reply}

hi Tamar! So glad you are having time to be so various places. I love headstones. My parent's is especially nice. Have a great week! We aren't to get back to the 95° til the weekend. itistoohothere!

packmom said... {Reply}

Great start to your summer! Hope the rest is just as good.